Umbrella Terms Magazine, a digital magazine based out of Los Angeles and concerned with modern life, is accepting submissions of visuals and writing for their next issue.
More information about UTM can be found at their website, Umbrellaterms.com
ISSUE #3 - THEME: AWKWARD…
THINGS TO CONSIDER
1. What’s the most awkward thing that has ever happened to you?
2. Is feeling awkward connected to feeling ashamed?
3. What does it mean to be socially awkward?
4. Does technology allow you to be less awkward? How does it add to awkwardness?
5. How has the meaning of awkward changed as you’ve grown up?
6. Is there a formula to not being awkward?
7. What is the opposite of awkward?
EXAMPLES OF CONTENT
- Media Analysis
- Explorations of the aforementioned themes and questions.
- Personal Narrative
- Short Fiction
Awkward Sex Stories - (can be submitted anonymously here: http://tinyurl.com/qjegoat)
Creative Combinations of All of the Above
* Umbrella Terms does not accept previously published work. Work featured on a personal blog is fine, but please let us know if this is the case.
* We cannot offer any form of compensation for your work, but are more than happy to link to any digital platforms or social networking profiles (per editorial approval). Also, we offer friendship, hugs, and good conversation.
Please submit a draft of your content by September 1, 2014
— Drafts need not be a complete first draft, but should convey your writing style and the intended content of the piece.
Final Content Deadline:
All content must be finalized by September 30, 2014.
October 31, 2014.